How you can get involved
Creatio is always looking for adventurous and talented men and women who are on fire for their Catholic faith and want to share it with others through outdoor adventures and missions. See below how you can offer your skills to help grow our mission.
Who We Are: Creatio is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit Catholic organization in the state of Colorado, and our mission is to guide all people to encounter the beauty of creation and the Creator through service to the poor, mission trips, outdoor adventure, and environmental stewardship.
What We Do: Creatio works to promote this mission of reconciling human persons with the environment through service to the poor, mission trips, outdoor adventure and environmental stewardship. Through these experiences, we work to create an environment of encounter – encounter with God, with ourselves, with others, and with creation. Creatio members are volunteers, professionals, and friends working to address environmental and human issues on a deeper level. Our goal is to facilitate an active transformation of ourselves and others, as well as the environment.
Some Possible Ways to Volunteer:
On-the-ground support in Peru (3-12 months)
We’d love to hear what other skills you could offer!
Live abroad and learn Spanish
Free or discounted Creatio Experiences
Wilderness First Aid cost reimbursed
Gain practical experience in your specialized field
Bring young adults closer to encountering Christ through the beauty of creation
Volunteer Abroad FAQ's
- What kind of work would I be doing if I volunteered in Peru?
- Would I be by myself? Or would I be stationed with other missionaries?
- How does funding work, would I have to fundraise the money for this, or would Creatio pay for it? If I have to fundraise how much would it cost per month?
This would depend on how long you wanted to remain in the region, the type of work, and where you would be lodging. Creatio may also be able to subsidize part of your costs, but a ballpark estimate would be fundraising around $800-1200 per month.
- Is there an intake period before being sent out, or would I get sent straight into Peru?
- Do I need do speak Spanish?
- A conversational Spanish ability is highly recommended for most of our projects abroad. However, depending on the need, there may be roles for non-Spanish speakers in bigger cities like Lima, Peru.