Updated September 22, 2020
To all our supporters and participants,
Thank you so much for your donations and prayers that are giving us life during these trying times. As we review the news daily and try to calculate the effect on our mission and how we will adapt, ultimately we place our total trust in God, knowing that He is in control and is going to bring good from all of it.
Here are some things we are doing in the meantime to adjust our strategy to the current environment:
- Development of self-guided Experiences.
- Offering FULL REFUNDS for cancellations up to 100 days before the departure date. (see full cancellation policy here).
- New Free domestic Experiences called “Community Experiences” that foster local community growth and outreach.
- Continuing to provide guided domestic experiences while observing Health Department Guidelines to ensure the safety of our participants.
Here are the best practices we are encouraging everyone to follow in response to the COVID-19 pandemic: (as of 9/22/20)
- Facial Coverings – Facial coverings must be worn within 6ft and inside buildings, according to the local mandates where appropriate.
- Carpooling/ Van Rides – Carpooling/Van Rides to/from starting points will not be encouraged by Creatio except with members of the same household. Official Creatio carpools will require participants to sanitize their hands before and after entering/ exiting the vehicle and wear masks while riding.
- Symptom Checking – Click the Title for more info from the CDC. Participants are required to declare prior to departure if they are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive or have been in contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days of departure. If exhibiting symptoms during an Experience, participants will quarantine themselves from the group in a separate tent or space and maintain as much distance as possible until they can return to their home.
- Social Distancing – All participants are asked to remain a safe distance of at least 6 feet apart from one another. If for some reason they need to be closer, they must wear masks.
- Hand Hygiene – All participants are recommended to carry hand hygiene supplies – hand sanitizer (70%) or biodegradable hand soap. All participants will hand wash before and after all meals.
- Food and Meal Times – When Creatio is explicitly providing meals, participants will be served their meals by a Creatio guide or third-party (no self-service). All participants will either bring their own bowl and spoon or use disposal items. Participants will not share snacks or water, and will not touch each other’s bowls, spoons, or water bottles. After each meal, bowls, spoons, and cookware will be sanitized with boiling water or discarded. Otherwise participants will be responsible for their own food preparation and sanitizing without sharing.
- Sleeping Arrangements – All participants will sleep in tents only with members of the same household whenever possible. In buildings where overnights are hosted, members of different households will maintain social-distancing at all times, including while sleeping. Participants will be expected to treat each indoor space (including tents) as a “public” space, adhering to local and state guidelines regarding social distancing.
- Travel Regulations – All participants and leaders will be required to follow government, state, and county regulations regarding travel distances and locations.
We have an urgent need for your support as International missions and pilgrimages, which account for over a third of our total revenue, are halted due to travel restrictions.
Our Experiences may be fewer, but we pivoting to focus our time and energy on more Domestic Experiences to fulfill our mission locally. These Experiences bring in far less revenue, but the impact to the lives of young adults is immeasurably great.
Again, we are confident that “all things work for the good for those who love God and are called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28). Therefore we recognize that this situation is another opportunity for us to trust infinitely in the God who brought us this far–and that he undoubtedly will bring good from it.
Executive Director – Creatio
April 6, 2020 Update:
At Creatio, we are closely monitoring the status of the Coronavirus outbreak and listening to the advice of government agencies. The safety of our clients and staff is our most important concern. We do not take the situation lightly and will proceed in making the best possible decisions.
There is currently a nationwide Level 4 State Department Travel Advisory (do not travel) for all international flights due to the Corona Virus COVID-19. We recommend all travelers to see the latest travel advice from the State Department here.
If Creatio deems that an Experience should be cancelled or postponed, we will notify participants immediately, in which our standard policy applies.
Thanks to modern technology, all Creatio employees are able to work from home without significant impact and have been directed to do so for the time being.
We are postponing all Experiences (that have not already been cancelled by client) that are scheduled through May 31 due to the Coronavirus. Our hope is to resume again after this date and we will make that decision as the situation evolves. If your trip has been affected we will be working with you on options for re-booking.
Experiences scheduled after May 31 are still a “Go” as we continue to monitor the situation and will update participants if anything changes.
We are offering flexible booking through May 15: Anyone who books or registers for a new Experience between April 6 and May 15, 2020, that is scheduled to depart between May 6 and October 1, 2020, will be able to reschedule that Experience at no additional cost at a minimum of 45 days before departure date–no questions asked.
We ask that travelers follow advice of your Creatio guides and local authorities, and take all preventive measures as recommended by health authorities and state department.
For general information and health advice for travelers, we recommend visiting the World Health Organization website: WHO
We’ll keep monitoring the situation and will update this page if the situation changes or as soon as more information becomes available.
Please join us in prayer for all those affected by the Coronavirus, and for a cure to be quickly developed. Thank you all for your dedication to our mission and may God bless you.
For any additional questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org