About This Trip
Experience moments of intense encounter with the most needy while witnessing the environmental beauties of Costa Rica. In addition to executing a meaningful service project, adventurers will learn to surf by beautiful Costa Rican beaches and raft on some of the best white water rapids in the world.
This trip consists of 8-14 days serving in the outskirts of San José, including nearby villages and rural areas. Types of service projects vary by season and level of need.
- Trip leaders
- all lodging
- project costs
- 3 meals/day
- ground transportation
- group activity and entry fees
- donations, taxes, and tips
- international flights
- passport fees
- required travel insurance
Note About Flights...
We allow you to choose your own flights to keep our trip costs as low as possible. The earlier flights are purchased, the better! We recommend checking www.kayak.com, www.skyscanner.com, and www.google.com/flights/ for flight options.
All participants are required to purchase their own traveler insurance. You can compare options and decide what is best for you, but it should include coverage for medical and travel occurrences. Two options we suggest are World Nomads or TravelGuard. You must send a copy of your traveler insurance card to Creatio.
In addition to travelers insurance, it is good to know what your medical insurance covers in foreign countries. Call your insurance before departing and know what is in your plan. Bring your insurance card with you.
- Passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the final day of trip. Passport must have at least one blank visa page.
Non US Citizens or those traveling from outside of the US:
- Visit travel.state.gov to understand visa and vaccine requirements regarding the country from which you are coming.
- Please contact us to confirm non-US citizen visa requirements.